Dr. Germana Barata
Dr. Germana Barata is a research associate of the ScholCommLab and a dedicated science communication researcher at the Laboratory of Advanced Studies in Journalism (Labjor) and the Centre for the Development of Creativity (Nudecri) at the University of Campinas (Unicamp) in Brazil. With a Master’s and PhD in History of Science from São Paulo University, Dr. Barata is a respected scholar who has been awarded a productivity research fellowship in science communication at the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) in Brazil.
- Research associate at the ScholCommLab
- Science communication researcher at the Laboratory of Advanced Studies in Journalism (Labjor) and the Centre for the Development of Creativity (Nudecri) at the University of Campinas (Unicamp) in Brazil
- Teaches in Labjor/Unicamp’s Master in Science Communication program
- Coordinates the graduate Science Journalism course at Unicamp
- Awarded a productivity research fellowship in science communication at the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) in Brazil
- Involved in a collaborative project with the University of the Fraser Valley, Science Writers and Communicators of Canada (SWCC), and the Association des Communicateurs Scientifique du Quebéc (ACS)
- Master’s in History of Science from São Paulo University
- PhD in History of Science from São Paulo University
Research and Publications
- Research focuses on the impact of social media and altmetrics on the value of Brazilian science journals
- Project “Social impact of the Brazilian Science production through science communication” received financial support from the Sao Paulo Research Foundation
- Collaborative project “Mapping the new landscape of science communicators and writers in Canada” funded by SSHRC
- Prolific writer contributing to Ciência em Revista and Diário de Vancouver
- Publications and presentations available on ResearchGate
Latest By Dr. Germana Barata
What Are The Complications Of Using Contact Lenses? Explore The Causes And Solutions
Contact lenses are extremely thin and transparent, and are made with polymer or silicone hydrogel. It is a great tool to aid with vision. People with vision problems who do…
How To Relieve Pain In The Bottom Of The Foot? Discover The Causes And Remedies!
Ever wondered why your foot hurts occasionally? Sometimes you feel the pain under your toes, and sometimes it can be on the heels. Whatever the case, foot pain is a…
Pregnancy And Acai Bowls: Is It Safe To Use Acai During Pregnancy? What Are The Benefits?
Pregnancy is a time when every individual becomes much more conscious and careful about their health, diet, exercises, and so on. The diet plans should be strictly rich in nutrition…
How Beans Contribute To Gas Discomfort? Causes And Solutions To Note!
Beans are one of the most nutritious food supplements. The vitamin, mineral, protein, and fiber content is high in beans. Beans are regarded as one of the most healthiest plant-based…
High-Fat Foods That Are Actually Healthy: Exceptionally Nutritious Fatty Foods!
Fat is an essential nutrient that helps the body absorb nutrients to give your body energy and support cell function. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are known as the “good…