When it comes to men’s health, testosterone is a significant topic. Testosterone is a vital male hormone that plays essential roles in the body. It aids in increasing libido, bone density, fat distribution, muscular mass and strength, and even red blood cells and sperm count.
Declining testosterone levels are attributed to being overweight, lack of exercise, and poor eating and sleeping habits. Testosterone level also naturally drops with age. Low testosterone levels can cause Erectile dysfunction. It can affect sleep, mood, the size of the testicles, and more.
5 Exercises To Boost Testosterone
Multiple studies have revealed that certain types of weight-training exercises like resistance training may help to increase testosterone levels in the body.
While some exercises can raise your testosterone levels, some can lower it. So it is crucial to choose workouts that help to raise testosterone levels.
In this article, we have listed the top 5 exercises that might help to boost testosterone levels naturally.
The following are the best exercises to build testosterone in the body:
- Bench Press
- Push Up
- Pull Up
Rest: 5 min.
Compound movements like squats help you to stimulate the release of testosterone. Several types of squats include weighted and non-weighted ones. When you do weighted squats, your body is put into resistance and this boosts the metabolism in the body.
Weighted squats are one of the testosterone-boosting exercises and the level of boost may vary due to the weight and sets you do.
How To Do A Squat:
- Align your feet straightforward, with shoulder width apart
- Inhale and squeeze your abs
- Push your knees down as if you are sitting in a chair
- Straighten your legs to lift back up
- Repeat this movement
Rest: 5 min
Like squats, deadlifts allow you to lift massive weights with different muscle groups. Doing deadlifts regularly might help to boost testosterone and growth hormone production in the body.
The engagement of multiple muscles during deadlifts raises metabolic stress on the body, resulting in a massive release of testosterone.
How To Do A Deadlift:
- Position your feet shoulder-width apart with toes below the barbell and maintain the spine in a neutral position
- Squat down and bend your knees, by keeping a straight or slightly arched back.
- Grasp the bar outside the line with an overhand or mixed grip
- Lift the bar upward from legs to knees and breath out
- Make sure your arms are straightened without bending backward
- Lower the bar to the ground in a reverse motion while maintaining a straight back
- Now repeat this process
🎯 Bench Press
Rest: 2 min
The barbell bench press is a weight-training exercise popular among all weight-lifting circles. It involves lifting weight by lying on a bench and pressing weight upward using a barbell or a pair of dumbbells.
It is an effective workout to boost testosterone production in the body. It also helps to promote better blood flow throughout the body.
How To Do A Bench Press:
- Lie on a flat bench in a relaxed position
- Press your feet firmly to the ground and position your hips on the bench throughout the whole exercise
- Grip the bar firmly
- Inhale as you drop the bar to your chest
- Exhale as you push the bar above your chest
- Now lower it so it is above your chest
🎯 Push Up
Rest: 2 min
The push-up is a common exercise that’s great for increasing strength. Push-ups have many effects on men including the production of the male hormone testosterone, to help repair and rebuild your muscles.
Push-ups are a great compound exercise for the upper body as it targets the chest, triceps, core, and shoulders at the same time.
How To Do A Push-Up:
- Get down on all fours with your hands just wider than your shoulders
- Straighten your arms and legs
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor on a 90-degree angle
- Push yourself back until your arms have remained straight
- Now repeat the process
🎯 Pull Up
Rest: 3 min
A pull-up is an upper-body strength exercise that can be done by gripping a bar with your hands with your palms facing away from you.
This compound exercise helps to increase muscle tearing and repair, including the release of more testosterone in the bloodstream.
How To Do A Pull-Up:
- Start with your hands on the bar by placing your hands wider than your shoulders
- Lift your body upward to bring your chin above the pull-up bar
- Lower your body completely until your arms are fully stretched
- Now repeat the process