Keeping healthy is key to leading a fruitful life. A major part of it deals with having a healthy weight.
People are trying almost anything and everything to get that perfect silhouette we can only dream of.
Making its grand entry to the long list of items that has gained traction, is prune juice.
However, few people know its benefits or how it can help you.
So this blog attempts to answer the two most important questions related to prune juice-its benefits and if it helps in weight loss.
What Are Prunes And What Is Prune Juice?
Just like grapes are dried to make raisins, a unique variety of plums are dried to get prunes.
One can easily buy prune juices from a grocery store or make them yourself by soaking them in water for 20 mins and then blending it finely.
You can add sugar or any other fruit if the taste doesn’t excite you.
The one you get in stores goes through the hot extraction method that has it completely taken in warm water.
This way one can make sure that the fruit has its essence completely dissolved in the water.
When you pick this off the aisle, please make sure there are no preservatives added to it so as to get a foolproof result.
What Nutrients Does It Have?
Prune juice has many important nutrients according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
Apart from being full of Vitamins A, K, B and C, it also has fibre, Calcium and Iron in abundance.
Water is the major content in the item as expected and therefore making it less in sugar or Carbs.
Is Prune Juice Effective In Weight Loss?
The answer is yes. As per dieticians and scientists, it is optimum for weight loss as it does the following to a body-
💠 Making you feel full – Anything that has decent fibre content will help you feel full which stops one from munching on snacks too often.
💠 Keeps our gut healthy – It is a natural laxative and will help you poop better which can aid to a better digestion.
💠 It is nutritious – Containing all that it contains, it has to be extremely good for your body and the first step to losing weight is eating all things nutritious.
5 Benefits Of Prune Juice Backed By Science
1. Keeps your bone healthy – Its richness in Calcium makes it ideal for your bones. This means you can be protected from falls or fractures.
2. Keeps your heart healthy – Prune juice is filled with antioxidants and therefore can help you balance the cholesterol. It creates a smooth flow of blood from or into the heart and if the heart is fine everything else is.
3. Helps your body fight better – Immunity is very important for the body and prune juice just adds to it. It can ward off the free radicals floating in your system making you less prone to allergies and infections.
4. It aids in haemoglobin production – Since it has a lot of red colour in it, the flavonoids and Iron can work in our favour and make our blood redder and better.
5. It improves the overall function of the body – Potassium helps not only in speeding up the metabolic rate but also the well-being of the day-to-day tasks like maintaining blood pressure.
Does It Have Any Side Effects?
People haven’t complained of any major discomfort except they found themselves farting a lot after consuming prune juice.
Moreover, prunes do contain sugar so people with diabetes might want to consult with their doctor before taking any.
How Can You Incorporate Prune Juice Into Your Daily Diet?
There are many ways in which you can add prune juice to your food. Some of the ideas include-
💠 Putting a few drops into your breakfast
💠 Adding it to your smoothie/Protein shake
💠 Drinking it first thing in the morning
💠 Soak your fruits/nuts in the juice and then have some.
While prune juice is healthy it also has a considerable amount of calories that can prevent you from getting the desired result.
So now that we know how beneficial prune juice can be and how to have it, we are sure this might change your life for the better!