Focus and Scope
International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research (IJBAR)(ISSN 2229- 3809) is an international monthly (12 issues/year) publishing peer-reviewed online & Print Open Access Journal in English. This Journal publishes Original Research Articles, Review Article, Short communications, Case reports, Letter to Editor that contributes significantly to further the scientific knowledge predominantly devoted to reporting original contributions from all areas of the basic sciences and biomedical researchers. Although published articles are motivated by their applications in the biomedical sciences (for example, clinical medicine, health care, population health, imaging, and bioinformatics), the journal emphasizes reports of new methodologies and techniques that have general applicability and that form the basis for the evolving science of biomedical research. Articles on Biomedical Sciences like Genomics, Proteomics, Applied Biotechnology, Antibody Engineering, Medical Genetics, Medical Transcription, and Cancer Biology. Review Articles rapidly without delay in the developing field of biomedical sciences. Our mission is to advance the science and practice of pharmaceutical medicine by working to develop and maintain competence, ethics and integrity and the highest professional standards in the specialty for the benefit of the public. The Faculty seeks, through its activities, to bring about an improvement in the health of the public.
Peer Review Process
All contributions submitted to journals that are selected for peer-review are sent to at least one, but usually two or more, independent reviewers, selected by the editors.
As a condition of agreeing to assess the manuscript, all reviewers undertake to keep submitted manuscripts and associated data confidential, and not to redistribute them without permission from the journal. If a reviewer seeks advice from colleagues while assessing a manuscript, he or she ensures that confidentiality is maintained and that the names of any such colleagues are provided to the journal with the final report. By this and by other means, journals endeavor to keep the content of all submissions confidential until the publication date other than in the specific case of its embargoed press release available to registered journalists. Although we go to every effort to ensure reviewers honor their promise to ensure confidentiality, we are not responsible for the conduct of reviewers.
Monthly (12 issues/year)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
PKP Preservation Network (PN) : The PKP Preservation Network (PN) provides free preservation services for any OJS journal that meets a few basic criteria.
LOCKSS: This Journal preserve content in the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for journal content.
Self-Archiving: This journal permits and encourages authors to post items submitted to the journal on personal websites or institutional repositories both prior to and after publication, while providing bibliographic details that credit, if applicable, its publication in this journal.
Publication ethics and malpractice
International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research dedicated to following best practices on ethical matters, errors, and retractions. The prevention of publication malpractice is one of the important responsibilities of the editorial board. Any kind of unethical behavior is not acceptable, and IJBAR does not tolerate plagiarism in any form. Authors submitting articles to Journal affirm that manuscript contents are original.
The following duties outlined for editors, authors, and reviewers are based on the COPE Code of Conduct for Journal Editors. Editors, authors, and reviewers will also adhere to the journal submission guideline policies.
Duties of Editor
- Publication Decisions: Based on the review report of the editorial review board, the editor can accept, reject, or request modifications to the manuscript.
- Review of Manuscripts: Editor must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated by the editor for originality, making use of appropriate software to do so. Following desk review, the manuscript is forwarded blind peer review to the editorial review board who will make a recommendation to accept, reject, or modify the manuscript.
- Fair Review: The editor must ensure that each manuscript received by Journal is reviewed for its intellectual content without regard to sex, gender, race, religion, citizenship, etc. of the authors.
- Confidentiality: The editor must ensure that information regarding manuscripts submitted by the authors is kept confidential.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: The editor of Journal will not use unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript for his/her own research without written consent of the author.
Duties of Authors
- Reporting Standards: Authors should present an accurate account of their original research as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Manuscripts will follow the submission guidelines of the journal. (See submission guideline policies)
- Originality: Authors must ensure that they have written entirely original work.
- Multiple, Redundant, or Concurrent Publications: Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. It is also expected that the author will not publish redundant manuscripts or manuscripts describing the same research in more than one journal.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Authors should acknowledge all sources of data used in the research and cite publications that have been influential in the research work.
- Authorship of the Paper: Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study. Others who have made the significant contribution must be listed as co-authors. Authors also ensure that all the authors have seen and agreed to the submitted version of the manuscript and their inclusion of names as co-authors.
- Data Access and Retention: Authors should provide raw data related to their manuscript for editorial review and must retain such data.
- Fundamental Errors in Published Works: If at any point of time, the author(s) discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in the submitted manuscript, then the error or inaccuracy must be reported to the editor.
Duties of Reviewers
- Confidentiality: Information regarding manuscripts submitted by authors should be kept confidential and be treated as privileged information.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Manuscript reviewers must ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources of data used in the research. Any kind of similarity or overlap between the manuscripts under consideration or with any other published paper of which reviewer has personal knowledge must be immediately brought to the editor's notice.
- Standards of Objectivity: Review of submitted manuscripts must be done objectively and the reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Promptness: In the event that a reviewer feels it is not possible for him/her to complete review of the manuscript within stipulated time then this information must be communicated to the editor so that the manuscript could be sent to another reviewer.
Cancellation & Refund
Scholar Science Journals believes in helping its customers as far as possible and has, therefore, a liberal cancellation policy.
Under this policy:
- Cancellations/ withdraw of the article will be considered only if the request is made before publication of the issue. However, the cancellation/ withdraw request will not be entertained if the issue has been published except some genuine reasons.
- There is no transfer of authorship after the publication of the article.
- Authors note that there is no refund policy of article processing charge (APC)/ publication charge if authors withdraw the article after paying APC except some special circumstances.
- Scholar Science Journals have right to reject/ accept article at any stage of article status.
Scholar Science Journals is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Scholar Science Journals may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31 May 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and Affiliation
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Shipping & Delivery Policy (Products) – Scholar Science Journals is an international online publisher, presently we don’t have the print version. Article published in Scholar Science Journals are in open access, anyone who wishes to refer can download and print. There is no delivery of the hard copy to authors address. However, After publication of the issue, we will mail alert of content on your mail ID as specified during registration.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which is not the property of, or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Scholar Science Journals and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Scholar Science Journals. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Scholar Science Journals takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Guidelines for filing a Competing Interest statement
Definition: Conflict of interest (COI) exists when there is a divergence between an individual’s private interests (competing interests) and his or her responsibilities to scientific and publishing activities such that a reasonable observer might wonder if the individual’s behavior or judgment was motivated by considerations of his or her competing interests. COI in medical publishing affects everyone with a stake in research integrity including journals, research/academic institutions, funding agencies, the popular media, and the public.
COI may exist in numerous forms including financial ties, academic commitments, personal relationships, political or religious beliefs, and institutional affiliations. In managing COI, The journal abides by the policy statement of the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME). All authors should declare their COI, if any, during the manuscript submission. Reviewers are asked to declare their COI after they accept to review a manuscript. Editors should also declare their COI during handling of a manuscript.
Managing COI depends on disclosure because it is not possible to routinely monitor or investigate whether competing interests are present. COI disclosed by authors will be presented to the Editorial Board and an appropriate action will be taken. Those reviewers and Editors with COI will be excluded from the manuscript process. If competing interests surface from other sources after a manuscript is submitted or published, The journal investigates allegations of COI and depending on their nature, appropriate actions will be taken if the allegations were found to be true. If a manuscript has been published and COI surfaces later, the journal will publish the results of the investigation as a correction to the article and ask the author to explain, in a published letter, why the COI was not revealed earlier.
Plagiarism is the copying of ideas, text, data and other creative work (e.g. tables, figures, and graphs) and presenting it as original research without proper citation. Plagiarism is a serious violation. We define plagiarism as a case in which a paper reproduces another work with at least 20% similarity and without citation.
If evidence of plagiarism is found before or after acceptance or after the publication of the paper, the author will be offered a chance to defense his\her paper. If the arguments are not found to be satisfactory, the manuscript will be retracted and Authors found to have been guilty of plagiarism will no longer have papers accepted for publication in Journal.
- All advertisements are subject to approval by the Publisher.
- Editorial and advertising functions at the journal are independent.
- Advertisers and sponsors have no control over editorial decisions or advertising policies under any circumstances.
- Advertisers and sponsors have no advance knowledge of our peer-reviewed scientific content, nor do the journal's editors or authors shape content to support any advertising. The journals advertising representatives have no knowledge of the scientific content in our journals before it is published.
- All advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the advertiser by trademark, signature or name to be accepted by the journal.
- Products or services being advertised should be germane to (a) the practice of medicine, (b) medical education or education in general, and (c) health care products or delivery.
- Advertisements for alcohol, tobacco, miraculous cure and with unsubstantial claims will not be accepted.
- Advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork, or contain negative content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious character.
- Deceptive or misleading Advertisements will not be considered by the editorial board for advertisement.
- Exaggerated, or extravagantly worded advertise will also not be allowed to be advertised by the journals.
- Advertisements that conflict or have the appearance of conflicting with the Publishers’ policy are prohibited.
- Promotion of products, services or meetings that compete directly with those offered by the Publisher or its affiliates is generally prohibited.
- The content of special supplementary issues (if any) should be determined only by the usual editorial process and not be influenced in any way by the funding source or advertisers.
- The decision as to acceptance (and any questions about eligibility raised by readers or others) will be made in consultation with the journal's editorial content team and the editorial team should be regularly informed about the evaluation of advertising, especially those that are refused due to non-compliance with the journal's guidelines.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject requests for advertisements, or to cancel or not to renew previously approved advertisements, at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
- The journal reserves the right to change any of its advertising policies at any time.