Study of role of laparoscopy in chronic abdomen
Study regarding role of laparoscopy in chronic abdomen was conducted at Shree Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Sarvopachar Rugnalaya, Solapur during the period from March 2003 to November 2005. Patients of both sex and all age groups were included in the study. A total 30 patients were studied and results were as tabulated and analysed.
In this study, 23 (76%) were females and remaining were (24%) were males. Most of the patients were in group 21-30 years (33%). Maximum female patients were in age group between 21-40 years. Out of 7 male patients, two patients were each in 12-20 years and 51 and above. 9 cases had appendicitis with finding as follows: long kinked appendix with periappendicular adhesions (4 patients), adherent to caecum(1), adherent to terminal ileum(1) & right iliac fossa & periappendicial adhesions (3). We conclude that females constituted maximum patients of chronic abdomen. Maximum age incidence of chronic abdomen was in 21- 30 years. In patients of chronic abdomen, there was poor co-relation between clinical diagnosis and laparoscopic findings. Maximum numbers of patients were in chronic appendicitis group. In this study, diagnostic laparoscopy was found relatively free of complications.
Arj scneider, A Eickhoff, jcarnold, JF riemann. Diagnostic laparoscopy, Endoscopy, 2001;33:55-59.
Karl miller edith mayer, Erich Moritz. The role of laparoscopy in cronic And recurrent abdominal pain, Am J Surg., oct 1996 353- 357.
Nagy AG, James D. Diagnostic laparoscopy, Am J Surg 1989; 157:490-493.
Easter DW, Cushieri A, Nathanson lk, Lavelle Jones M. The utility of Diagnostic laparoscopy for abdominal disorders. Arch surg, 1992; 127:379-383.
Sackier J. Diagnostic laparoscopy in nonmalignant diseases. Surg clin North Am. 1992; 72: 1033 - 1043.
Bercig. Elective and emergent laparoscopy. World J Surg, 1993;17:8-15.
Cushieri A. The spectrum of laparoscopic surgery. World J Surg. 1992; 16:1089-1097.
Salky B. Diagnostic laparoscopy. Surg lap endoscopy, 1993; 3:132-134.
Barry Salky, MB Edye. Role of laparoscopy in diagnosis and treatment of Abdominal pain syndromes. Surgical endoscopy, 12(7); July 1998; 911-4.
Lavonius M, Gullichsen R, Laine S and Ovaska J. Lapaoscopy for chronic Abdominal pain. Surgical laparoscopy endoscopy, Jan 1999; 9(1): 42-44.
Paajanan H, Julkunen K, Waris H. Laparoscopy in chronic abdomen pain: A prospective randomized long term follow of study, J clin Gastroenterol. 2005 Feb; 39(2): 110-4.
Spiritos NM, Eisenkop SM, Spiritoes TW, et al. Laparoscopy: a diagnostic aid in a case of suspected appendicitis. Am J Obs & Gynaec; 1987; 156, 90-94.
Fedyshin P, Kelvin FM, Rice RP. Nonspecificity of barium enema finding in appendicitis; Am J Surg; 184;143:99.
Lelan F. Sillin. Gastroenterology surgery; 1985: 2, 523.
Nord HJ. Complications of laparoscopy. Endoscopy, 1992: 693-700.
Ramakrishna HK. Laparoscopy, a tool in diagnosis of lower abdominal pain. IJS 2004:66,6:377.
Copyright (c) 2015 International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeThe Effect of Open Access).
- Author must Submit Copyright form After accepetance of Article.